Paneer Tikka is one of the most famous snack of North India. Whenever I go to resort, I always like to order it. There are multiple ways to make Paneer Tikka. Today, we discuss about the yummy recipe of dry Paneer Tikka on tawa, just look the below points and make this recipe at home step by step.
- 2 cups Paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2 Green Capsicums
- 1 Red Capsicum
- 2 Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1½ tbsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
- 1 cup Hung Curd
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tbsp Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Chaat Masala or dry mango powder
- 1½ tbsp Oil
- Salt (acc. to taste)
- 2 Lemon
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp carom seeds/ajwain
How to prepare it:
- Take hung curd in a big bowl and whisk it until smooth. Now, add the ingredients in a bowl including ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, carom seeds (ajwain), garam masala, black pepper powder, methi, coriander powder, chaat masala or dry mango powder and salt in it. Stir and mix them properly prepare a marinade.
- Add the diced vegetables – paneer, both types of capsicum, tomato and onion. Blend them well with your hands, gently to coat all added ingredients with marinade. Keep marinate in fridge for 1 hour at least. You can also place them in refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Now, arrange red capsicum, green capsicum, onion, paneer and tomato on small wooden toothpick/ skewer.
- Take a non-stick tawa, and place on medium flame. Add 1½ tbsp oil on it. When tawa is hot enough, then put skewered paneer and vegetables for fry over medium heat.
- Cook well each side by turning toothpick/ skewer until all sides are light brown. Now, place them in a plate. Crispy paneer tikka dry is ready.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala or dry mango powder and a few drops of lemon juice over it and garnish with thinly sliced onion and serve it with any sauce.