Aloo Tikki is a very famous roadside snack food of India. It is mostly served with chole, or garnished with onions, sweet chutney and green chutney, curd and chopped coriander. Now, make the spicy, crispy Allo Tikki at home step by step.
- Potatoes (boiled)
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 4 tbsp of Dry Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp grated Ginger
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice or Dry Mango Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar (optional)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Oil to fry
How to make the Allo Tikki:
- First of all, boil potatoes in pressure cooker. Then, peel and mash them properly. Now, boil peas in another pan and make them smooth. Take boiled peas in a bowl.
- Take a big bowl and add all ingredients in it to make a mixture including boiled peas, 4 tbsps bread crumbs, corn flour, grated ginger, coriander leaves, chopped green chili, garam masala powder, red chili powder, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Blend all ingredients well to prepare smooth dough. Divide mixture into some equal portions and roll them in small size ball shape.
- Take balls one by one and gently press them in between your palms. Make a round shaped thick patties. Take 4 tbsp of bread crumbs on a plate. Coat prepared patties with breadcrumbs on all sides by rolling it in bread crumbs filled plate.
- Now, take a fry pan and add some oil in it to fry and place it on medium flame. Now, put the patties in it and cook until turn golden brown. When one side of Tikki becomes golden and crisp, turn over and fry the other side of Tikki.
- Now, drain the Aloo Tikki on paper towels to remove excess oil. Serve hot and crispy Aloo Tikkis with tomato ketchup or green chutney.